January 13, 2013

Miscellanious

And another week has passed by... 
This is the time of year to blog about new focal points or resolutions in sewing. To plan to end the winter sewing on a high note and maybe dream about the season ahead... 
To be honest, I'm not quite there yet. In the coming week, I'll be helping M in the epic struggle to get her collection ready for the Modefabriek trade show on Sunday 20 and Monday 21 January. I'll explain more about that later. There will be simply no time for any personal sewing projects in the coming week, just as there hasn't really been any in the past week. Of course, I have plans, I always do but I won't be able to translate all of them into reality and, at the moment, there's nothing to show. 
I hope I'll find some time to share interesting images from my still growing collection of vintage magazines. To be specific: from a very peculiar little 1930's knitting and crochet booklet. And/or from mid-1950's French Elle.

After th 21st, I will return to regular blogging. Apart from the aforementioned planning, considering and sewing reports, I will also try, once again to be a bit more eh... interactive. For example:  
- In a comment to this (skirts and tops) post, Melissa asked for a picture of the pattern piece for the top with the 50's style neckline pleats. I think I can do one better and put together a little tutorial about how to create this feature from any regular bust dart. 
- Debi will host a new round of the Sew Grateful Week over at her blog in early February. Even though I'm not that good at this kind of themed posting, it would be really nice to join in with one of the days (probably with another tutorial or a simple pattern).
- I think that collection of vintage magazines of mine may contain some things which fit in with the specific areas of interest of other bloggers. I should really scan and send.

Oh, and along these lines: I would like to offer my sincere apologies to those of you who have commented on this blog or emailed me, last year about cool sew-alongs, blog prizes or campaigns. I always mean to respond to such posts but I often forget, and if I respond (as I did to the very cool initiative of the Pattern Magic Sew-Along. I don't even remember who hosted it...) I still forget to follow up on it. I don't mean to be rude to anyone, I just never quite manage to keep track of all that's going on in the blogosphere.   

3 comments:

  1. You have been so busy! Your boyfriend's coat is very very cool. Beautifully tailored :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Véronique in MontréalJanuary 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

    Don't worry, we like reading your blog anyway, you don't have to be like everyone else, that's in fact why we like you. On a personal note, I am so ready for spring sewing, I wonder if I can pull nice weather to me by making summer clothes... probably not, but one can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh thanks! I look forward to the tutorial. :D

    ReplyDelete