September 23, 2011

Who wants to draft along?


Hi everyone! Who wants to join me in drafting and making a dress?
I want this draft-along to be open to anyone with in interest in pattern making, so it's not going to be rocket science ;)
I plan on using the (free) JJ sloper from the Burdastyle website and (if necessary) I will draft and upload a matching sleeve for it. I will discuss fitting the sloper and of course, if you have your own sloper or want to draft your own using either Pattern Magic or Winifred Aldrich, I'd be happy to give any advice you may need.

Of course, we have to decide on what kind of dress to make. Making your own patterns opens up a world of possibilities, even if you've already decided to stick with a classic dress shape with a waist seam. So, if you want to draft along, please leave a comment and take the poll. Vote for as many or as few elements as you would like. Rest assured that this won't limit the draft-along to something you may not like. I intend to discuss several options within the same general design, and adding a different skirt is always easy.

Poll: Which design details do you want for the draft-along dress?

    Tussenstand:

    Ook een poll maken? Klik hier

    It seems that the poll will only allow you to pick one thing. I'm sorry about that, it is my first time using one of these polling gizmos. Just use this one to pick your prefered skirt style and I'll put up seperate polls for the other elements this evening (because I don't have time to do it right now)

    20 comments:

    1. I'd love to do this!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looks like the poll is only letting me pick one option at the moment. I'm getting a message saying my IP address has already voted. So my choices are: pencil skirt, fitted sleeve. Looking forward to the draftalong!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'll do whatever you say I should do, all these dresses look fab!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi, this sounds like great fun and I have the Vogue sloper ready (from a few years ago) but as yet have not used it to draft a pattern. I'm always amazed by your pattern drafting skills so would love to learn from you. My vote hasn't recorded: cap sleeves, cowl neck (and princess seam bodice) would be great. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    5. This seems great! I already do quite a lot of pattern drafting, and despite not actually needing yet another dress, it would be really fun to join in!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I would love to give this a try! I've never drafted a pattern before but you've made it less intimidating - thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    7. This sounds like fun. I have a sloper from my class with Kenneth King. I don't have a sleeve for it though, but I do have his instructions on how to draft one.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I'd love to draft along with you. I don't have a sloper, but perhaps now's the time to finish one!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I'd love to have a go! I definitely want sleves, at least 3/4 length. I don't mind about the other aspects, but v-necks look good on me ;)

      ReplyDelete
    10. I'm ok with anything, but I'd prefer a fitted or half circle skirt. :) Oh, and sleeves. Of any style. I'm wearing a blouse I drafted myself right now, and the only problem I have with it is the sleeves!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I would love the opportunity to learn how to do this! I would like to know how to do all of it. :) OK...I'll narrow it down. I'd like the pleated or gathered skirt, cap sleeves, midriff band, v neckline. I don't have a sloper and I really don't know how to make one, but I'm sure you will tell me what I need to do. How exciting!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Oh i love pattern drafting and would love to have half circle skirt + Cap Sleeves and Draped collar! When are you planning to do this, i am kind of busy with Navarathri (9 day festival) in India and have Diwali coming up as well so october is bit tight, but will manage to squeeze this in!

      ReplyDelete
    13. This sounds like fun. My schedule is really busy until mid-October, so maybe I'll catch up then.

      ReplyDelete
    14. love the idea!!

      www.sewfreak.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    15. Ooh I might be up for this! I just have to fit it in alongside my fall sewing plans and making some maternity clothes for a friend...

      ReplyDelete
    16. Hallo Lauriana,

      ik wil je iets vragen, maar kan geen e-mail adres vinden op je blog. Zou je mij een mail willen sturen op isedl at yahoo dot com

      Bedankt, Sigrid

      ReplyDelete
    17. I want to join in the fun too.please...

      ReplyDelete
    18. I'm a little late but would still like to join. i have the Butterick dress sloper but am not opposed to using the jj sloper.

      ReplyDelete