March 20, 2011

Filling space

I know I sort of promised better pictures of the jacket this weekend but despite the great spring weather, there are no pictures. I was relying on E to take some pictures of me wearing it, but he has had to work all weekend. And I sort want to make the trousers as well...

So, to fill some space here, I'll show you the cool vintage coat I found at my usual thrift store - market stall.

This thing cost me all of 2.50 euros. It used to be 5 but everything was 50% off...
I don't know how old it is, it doesn't have any tags but doesn't seem home-made either.
It was labeled as 'one size' because of it's cape-like shape and the sleeves which are obviously intended to be three-quarter length. However, there are shoulder darts and those are about in the right place for me.

The coat is made from green/grey wool and lined in wool with a houndstooth check of that colour and off-white. It almost looks like it could be reversible but there is no trick with the buttons to allow for that and the turn of cloth on the collar makes pretty clear to which side it should fold.

As you can see, I took these pictures with entirely inappropriate flared trousers, I should press the coat and it may not get worn until after the summer.
But, this is exactly kind of quirkily shaped (and more or less my size) garment which I just have to buy when I find it this cheap.

1 comment:

  1. that is a great coat, and it really suits your figure and your style! personally, i´d consider replacing the buttons with some in a contrast colour, to add to the quirkiness, but that´s just me and my button obsession probably...

    ReplyDelete