October 16, 2009

Talking about museum exhibits...


In her comment to my post from yesterday, redsilvia made a suggestion, which I think you should all know about. Right now, there's an exhibition in Paris of the work of Madeleine Vionnet.

Now, as a distance to travel to go and see an exhibition, Paris is, like London, not impossible to me. Although it would be a bit extravagant. I really hope any of the vague plans for going to Paris for a day (which M and I have been making) will come true...

Of course, for any fashion history freak like me, a chance of seeing Vionnet's work shouldn't be missed. After all, we are talking about the designer who is credited with single handedly inventing both the bias cut and draping as a design technique, and who shares with Chanel and Poiret the claim of having liberated women from the corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment